The DP programme
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (DP) is an assessed programme, for students aged 16 to 18, and is respected by leading universities across the world.
Through the DP, schools are able to develop students who:
- have excellent breadth and depth of knowledge
- flourish physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- study at least two languages
- excel in traditional academic subjects
- explore the nature of knowledge through the programme’s unique Theory of Knowledge course.
Pathway to University and Employment
As a whole, DP students apply to more than 3,300 higher education institutions, in close to 90 different countries, each year.
The most popular of these institutions are ranked among the top universities in the world. The IB Recognition Resource and Document library has testimonials from universities working with DP students, and our research pages look in detail at the performance of DP students, including comparisons with other students. The DP focuses on rigorous academic study, within a broad and balanced curriculum, which prepares students for employment. Students in the DP also have the opportunity to apply their knowledge and skills to community service, gaining valuable experience outside the academic world.